Audiotape - Fostering Self-Esteem In Children and Adolescents: The Search for Islands of Competence
Being a parent or teacher is very challenging. In this 90-minute audiotape Dr. Brooks draws upon his experiences as a parent, psychologist, and educator to describe some of the most important things we can do to enhance the development of our children and adolescents. Through humor and personal stories, he describes:
- the significance of self-esteem in each child’s life
- why some children have a more difficult time from birth developing a positive self-image than other children
- factors that help children to overcome problems, become resilient and lead more satisfying lives
- the importance of identifying and reinforcing each child’s “islands of competence”
- a framework for understanding the components of self-esteem
- specific strategies that parents and teachers can use to foster self-esteem, motivation, and resilience in children and adolescents.
S&H is $3.